So Your Getting Married?
Choosing you wedding cake can be an exciting and enjoyable part of your wedding plans but it can also be quite daunting as there is a lot to consider and plan.
The consultation can take place at your home or at Ionie Make Cakes on a day and time that is mutually suitable.
Before we meet, you will be asked to complete a questionnaire which will give you the opportunity to think about your wedding cake; things such as colour schemes, flavours, portion sizes etc you can also choose 3 different flavour cake samples to try.
You can bring your own ideas to the consultation such as magazine cuttings, fabric swatches, details of the flowers for the bride’s bouquet, pictures of other cakes, we will also have a selection of books and magazines for you to look through.
After the consultation I will email you a quotation for the design discussed and if it is a bespoke design I will sketch my ideas and email these as well.
There is a £20 charge for the wedding cake consultation which covers the cost of making tasting samples and preparing cake designs and quotes.
This will be *deducted from the cost of your wedding cake if you go ahead and book the cake wih us (*applies to orders over £200, if your order is less than this the charge will not be refunded)
During the consultation we will discuss your requirements; there are many things to consider which will ensure your cake is perfect on the day.
- What style of wedding are you having?
- How many guests will the cake serve?
- Will the cake be for toasting the bride and groom at the wedding breakfast or will it be served during the evening reception?
- Would you like a separate cutting cake or a top tier to be kept for your 1st wedding anniversary or christening which is an old tradition?
- What cake flavours would you like, will there be any dietary requirements
– If you are having several tiers you may wish to consider having different flavoured cakes to accommodate all of your guests
- What shape would you like, what colours?
- Would you like the cake stacked, with pillars or on a cake stand or would you like something a little different such as individual mini cakes or cupcakes?
- What sort of decorations would you like? Fresh flowers to compliment the bride’s bouquet or a bespoke bride and groom topper or cake jewellery?
- Will you need to hire a stand?
- Will the cake need delivering to the venue and setting up?
Ionie Make Cakes aim is to make the whole experience, a memorale one.